College Week Expo
During Fiesta del Sol, the College Week Expo will be hosting two activities for students who are interested in learning more about college readiness, and for students who are already enrolled in college.
On Friday July 29th, from 12-2pm we will be hosting the in-person College Fair, where multiple colleges, 2 & 4 year institutions will be present to provide information to students and families. We will also have a student panel at 11:00am.
On Thursday July 28th, the URT will be hosting the “Virtual College Day”, where students and parents who register will have the opportunity to learn more about the College process and additional resources. Some of the workshops will include:
- Financial Aid/Scholarships: Register and learn about the Financial Aid process and how you can prepare. What information do you need? Where to receive support? Common mistakes? We will also have time to answer questions and address concerns.
- Resources for Undocumented Students: Are you a student who is Undocumented and about to attend college for the first time? or a college student? Learn more about the resources and scholarship opportunities available for you at the college and high school level. This workshop will highlight helpful information surrounding navigating the college process for students who are undocumented.
- Quinceañera or College: How to save for college? This workshop will highlight the importance behind saving up for college and what are some basic steps you can take to make the financial process easier.
- What 4 year colleges are looking from applicants: Are you starting your college journey? Are you a high school student preparing for the college process next year? This session will highlight tips and tricks on how to prepare your college application for success. Join us and learn more about what colleges look for on applications and how you can stand out.
- College for parents – College 101: Are you a parent looking for information on how to prepare for college and navigate your kids college journey? This session will address the common questions that parents have regarding the college process. In addition we will take some time to answer questions and have an honest conversation with parents about how to support their students and what to look forward to.
- Educational Opportunities with the Consulate of Mexico in Chicago
If you are interested in attending any of these workshops, please fill out the following form.